Monday, April 15, 2013

Big Adventure Day 1

Since lately I haven't been feeling well , I've decided to share some of my old stories that I've written way before my blog ever existed . This one comes from a visit to one of my Anna who happens to live in Texas .



Hey all ,
Guess what ? It's time for another great adventure , but this time I'm visiting my good friend Anna in Dallas Texas.

My big day begins here at home in Chicago as I attempt for the very first time in my life to RIDE THE METRA INTO UNION STATION ----ALL BY MYSELF . That's right . I'm not kidding . I did it .Yes , I did . I have to say that the whole experience reminded me of the movie "Romancing The Stone" .The scene where she is taking the bus in Colombia with all these people and the chickens . All those people with their feet dangling up above me.
 
I took Amtrak like I always do . I love to ride the train . For me it is so relaxing with their comfortable chairs that have a footrest that pulls out .There was noone beside me so I pulled out both chairs and since they don't have a divider it was like a bed for me .You have so much room that you could stretch out completely .

You have a cafe , dining car , an observation room with windows from ceiling to floor . Really cool !!! There is even  a dressing room just for that . Did I say I really love riding the train ?

Had some real interesting people on broad with me .There was an elderly gentleman who complained constantly----when he wasn't at the bar though . He might have just stayed there at the bar lounge but instead he kept walking back and forth the whole time .
Then there was the kookie young girl that drove everyone insane accusing them of looking at her the wrong way . She also kept getting up and changing her seat .Then she took out her baby powder and sprinkled it all over the seat .Did I say she was kookie ?
Then there was the lovey dovey young couple , lets call them Nancy and Joshua , who did all these  " AAAHHHHH " things together like play cards and bet with their M & M's .

  I started thinking , what do you suppose they all say about me ? Yeah , look Nancy , its that woman going to the bathroom AGAIN.

When I finally got there , Orlando and Alonso ran past me not recognizing me at all . Must be all that weight I lost. HAHAHAH!We all went out to this Buffet Style Restaurant but with a Mexican flavor .Very good . After eating all that food I just wanted to take a nap ,but no , Anna , drags me to Ripley's Believe It Or Not Museum . Bought some souvenirs for my two , Joe and Emma .They both got a Texas t-shirt and I bought a dream catcher for Emily . She's been looking for one forever .

Again , I said how tired I am but Anna takes me on a tour of Duncanville and the new place where she's moving to .Then we decided to go to church for the 6 p.m. service and I finally  dozed off in the car with my mouth open and drool hanging out .Yes  , very pretty , I know .That's when her pastor drives past and waves a hello .

Did I tell you that at Ripleys they also have a wax museum , so I took a picture with Tiger Woods . I hope the paparazzi don't find out and label me girlfriend number 135 . I also felt Rocky Balboa's muscles and how was your day ?

Have a Blessed day everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...