Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy Easter

A Happy Belated Easter to everyone . I have to apologize for the lateness , but as usual with my treatment I became very tired and slept most of the day away .

The day started at 7 A.M. in the morning , with Emily anxiously getting ready for the Big Event at Church . This year , I handed my resposibilities over to her since I wasn't feeling very well . All I did was supply the candy and eggs . She took everything over to E.P.I.C. ( her twenty-something group ) and they spent a day filling over 1100 Easter eggs . I think they ate more than they stuffed , but we have to pay them somehow , right ?

Her group also spent a week passing out 7000 fliers in the neighborhood inviting people to Church . Talk about wearing out the soles of their shoes !

As the morning progressed , I could tell she was extremely excited about the Easter service . You want to see the fruits of your hard earned labor . She wasn't disappointed . It was standing room only with seating arrangements well into the foyer . There were 50 children in the Kidz Zone . Those 1100 eggs weren't enough .

As I sat listening to the service , I felt like a parent whose youngest child flew the coop . She handled it all , on her own . She grew up and became an adult .

I've always worried about her more than  her brother . What would become of her when I'm gone ? Watching her with the children , I knew at that moment , I knew everything would be okay . She was in God's hands and He was leading her . She would be just fine as long as she followed Him . It may take some of us longer than others , but eventually , we make our way back to Him .

Have a Happy Easter everyone and know that He loves you .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...