Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Judgemental Christian

Every Sunday morning , Emily and I take a shortcut across a health club's parking lot to get to Church . Every single time we go through that parking lot , it's full of cars . I , the judgemental Christian , showed my disdain for the lot of them .

If Jesus took the time to go through all that He did by dying on the Cross just for us , the least we could do is give Him an hour of our time on Sunday .

I , the judgemental Christian , actually said this and it took about a full two minutes for the Holy Spirit to instill guilt upon my heart for voicing it . . . . .then for even thinking it .

Who am I , to say such a thing ? Have I been a Christian all my life ? Have I been to Church every Sunday ? Even worse . . . . now that I am a Follower , do I observe the Sabbath in every way ? Do I rest on Sunday ? Such guilt filled my soul .  Suddenly , I have become such a know it all . When has this happened ?

It's  so easy to judge others , isn't it ? I certainly don't know any one those people in that health club and yet , I'm acted as if I did . What's worse , I acted as if I was better than those heathens in that club .

How many times have I gone to Church on Sunday  and come home to do laundry or clean ? Have I really observed the Sabbath ? No , I haven't . Yet , I will judge others . Who knows ? Maybe they went the night before or during the week . Maybe they just haven't found God yet . Instead of judging them , why don't I invite them ? Pray for them ? Anything but judge them .

Have a Blessed day everyone .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...