Saturday, June 30, 2012

Splish Splash

 The cottage slept as I got up and sneaked outside to capture the stillness of the morning . The patio overlooked the lake where a mother duck swam with her little ones . It was a beautiful and serene place , just perfect for me . I wish I could retire to a place like this . I imagined myself getting up every morning , watching the ducks swimming , drinking my coffee .
  Then , Hannah ( my sleeping partner ) found me and we had to play Skippo instead .
My introduction to the water park sort of went the same way . On the outside , I couldn't wait to get in there with the rest of them .
  First thing we tried was the Lazy River and I imagined myself floating on the tube basking in the sunlight as I slowly dipped my fingers in the water . In reality , I couldn't get on the darn thing . Kept slipping off , finally , giving up I just grabbed hold of my sons tube and wouldn't let go . He kept trying to shake me off and finally dunked me under . I got a wonderful mouthful of that delicious water slathered with suntan lotion . Mmmmm , tasty .
  For the rest of the day , we went on  one water slide after another . Up 5 flights of stairs just so I can land with one leg in the air . Tried to get out and PLOP  down again and this time with both legs up in the air . Being graceful wasn't in the works that day . 
  Wearing wet , slippery flip flops and unable to see because of smudged glasses , I plunged on behind my family to the next " adventure " in this 112 degree weather . Finally , settling into beach chairs facing a wave pool . As I rested in my chair watching my family tackle wave after wave in the pool . . . .well  . . . it looked so cool that I just had to run in after them . It was as much fun as it looked . I  loved that wave pool !!!
  It was the same with the rides . I saw the swing ride and dragged them all there because it's a must . As soon as we started going up and spinning  , I almost died . What was I thinking ? Couldn't wait to get off that darn thing .
  I realized that I'm getting too old for some of these things but I STILL had a great time no matter how tired I became .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...