Saturday, May 4, 2019

The 100 Day Projects: Day 29 Of Writing



                                                     Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.


Be it according to Thy word;
    Redeem me from all sin;
  My heart would now receive Thee, Lord,
    Come in, my Lord, come in!
C. WESLEY.

Death and funerals make liars out of people. Something happens to us when our loved ones pass away. Not only are we grieving and broken-hearted, but somehow, old rivalries come to the surface. Who was the good sister, brother, daughter etc. that sort of thing and who wasn't. Also, a bit of greed.


Greed? Yes, greed. There is always someone who feels that someone else isn't deserving of an inheritance whether it may be money or a small token. That person didn't visit enough or love enough or be there enough to warrant an inheritance. I certainly hope that my two won't behave in this way when my time comes. 

Death is something that no one wants to talk about hoping it gets swept away under the carpet. Yet, it is so very important. Every single time I speak about it or write about it, I get some flack from people. I'm being morbid. I'm allowing cancer to reside in my body. I'm saying that "C" word again. I need to be positive. And on and on they go.

Even if I didn't have a disease, I still would let my children know about my wants if I pass. There is so much to do when one is gone, why not make it a little easier for your loved one? They will have enough on their mind without having to make a decision on every tiny doldrum detail. Make your wishes known. That's all I am saying. Sit down and have that conversation with the people whom you claim to love. 

Have a blessed day everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...