Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Day 54 Of Writing: Leadership

                                                             Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                             everyday is a journey.




Without an end or bound
    Thy life lies all outspread in light;
      Our lives feel Thy life all around,
    Making our weakness strong, our darkness bright;
  Yet is it neither wilderness nor sea,
  But the calm gladness of a full eternity.
F. W. FABER.

I have been a leader of one thing or another since my children first entered school. I volunteered for many things all because they were interested in joining various groups like Boy Scouts. I have no problem leading a Pack of Boys or a Ministry of Women. I have no problem in raising my hand to volunteer or take on any additional workload. I love busyness and the act of completing a goal. Love it.

 I have always wanted to be an encouraging role model for other women, especially the young and survivors of cancer. I wanted to be a positive influence on them, to show them a person can change their life for the better no matter the situation. 

Somewhere along the way, I feel as if I have done the opposite. There have been many instances where I seem to offend people by what I say or write. For some reason, people feel I am speaking or writing about them when in fact nothing could be farther from the truth. I write about myself, my experiences or things I need to work on. 

At first, I thought to myself that perhaps the Holy Spirit is speaking to them through me in what perhaps they need to work on themselves. Or perhaps I have no tack whatsoever. Either way, I have felt a deep desire to work on my own leadership skills. I want to improve and become a good leader. Some times that involves looking at ourselves through a three way mirror. It's no fun to do that. 

I know it may seem that my life is a constant journey of trying to better myself, but I want to grow into a righteous Christ follower. It is so important to me to become a good leader and encourager of women. I do not wish to diminish their spirit as women, but lift them up as daughters of Jesus Christ. Show me how to do that. Teach me, because I am willing.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...