Saturday, May 18, 2019

Day 43 Of Writing: Yarn Shopping


                                                  Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.


 
The souls most precious to us here
    May from this home have fled;
  But still we make one household dear;
    One Lord is still our head.
  Midst cherubim and seraphim
    They mind their Lord's affairs;
  Oh! if we bring our work to Him
    Our work is one with theirs.
T. H. GILL

Yarn prices have gone up, folks. I've spent this past week checking around the different prices in my neighboring craft stores. I am blessed to be surrounded by a 6 block radius in either direction with Michael's, Joann's, Hobby Lobby, Target, Walmart, a Resale Shoppe and a Salvation Army. I wanted to see what each store had to offer in prices, clearance aisles and coupons.

The Resale Shoppe benefits an organization for abused women. They have so many beautiful things and really good prices. I wish I had enough time to go through all the aisles, but I was on my way to work. All their books were going between $.79 cents to $1.49, a great deal! I did find some yarn, small ones and they were priced at $.99 cents each. Bought whatever they had. I also received a 20% discount for being there on a particular day.

Walmart has always been my go to store for yarn. Their prices were the best and if I wanted more for my buck, that's where I went. Their prices used to be $2.79 a skein and right now they are going for $3.44 per skein. That's a huge jump. They do have an entire aisle reserved for clearance items, but not yarn.

Joann's has never let me down for when I needed a particular color. Whatever I searched for in yarn, I walked out with. Their prices are higher somewhere in the range of $3.69 a skein. Average. Although, they do provide daily coupons sent via e-mail or phone app. 

Michael's truly surprised me in the sale items they were offering. They had 1 lb. yarn bundles going for $6.00! That's better than Walmart or any other craft store. I did get quite a few skeins and I hit the jackpot! One of the 1 lb. yarns was discounted to $2.47. Yeah, Michael's does offer great deals. 

Hobby Lobby is one of the nicest stores I have ever been in. Their displays and aisles are so beautifully laid out. One wants to walk through the store admiring all the lovely things in it. Their yarn is a bit expensive, but they do have 30% off almost daily. One of their brands (crafters choice?) goes for $2.99 a skein. Not bad. I would purchase that if needed. 

Goodwill around here happens to be one of the nicer ones. The store is very appealing and their furniture certainly takes a second glance. All the pieces I was admiring on my last visit were already gone. No surprise there. Lovely pieces. Each time I came here, I found yarn. The pricing on the yarn varied tremendously depending on who actually did it. That's what I was told by someone on YouTube. One skein could be $.97 cents and another could be $3.97. Silly!

So I have been busy running around all week, but next time, I just plan on going on my off day. Much simpler to just spend one morning doing all of the stores with a cup of coffee in my hand. Until next time. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...