Saturday, May 11, 2019

The 100 Day Project: Day 36 Of Writing

                                               Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.  



What comforts, Lord, to those are given,
Who seek in Thee their home and rest!
They find on earth an opening heaven,
And in Thy peace are amply blest.
W. C. DESSLER.

Tomorrow we will be celebrating Mother's Day. For some, it will be mournful rather than joyful kind of day. Everywhere we look, we will see people honoring all the women in their families. At work, everyone kept asking me what I was planning on doing this special day of all days. 

I smile, because if they only knew! I am extremely comfortable in my role as mom. I adore being a parent of adults and look forward to the next stage of our relationship. To me, it is just another day. I don't feel as if I need a day to be honored with flowers, gifts and tons of pampering. There is nothing wrong with any of it, but I know I am loved . . . always.

What does bring a loving smile to my face are the memories we have accumulated over the years. The good and the bad. Yes, even the bad, because they have strengthened us as a family. There was a time where I felt embarrassed about all the mistakes I've made, but not anymore. I did the best I could with what I had at that time. The honest thing I can say now to my children is to own up to these mistakes and hope they learn from them. 

My favorite times are the little things that they have done for me and still continue doing on a daily basis. I love the way Emily leaves my vitamins on my desk every morning. I love the way Joey calls me momma even at his age. It's these little things that make me feel loved. We all have these memories and we live through them every time we need a bit of sunshine in our day. I can still remember the handful of dandelions that were given to me or that picture drawing that no one could possibly identify. That's what memories are made of. That's what mom's are made of.

Happy Mother's Day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...