Sunday, June 24, 2012

What A Pickle

   I had plans for my Saturday . A friend was coming over for coffee  and a chat . Emily made a blueberry coffeecake for us . The rest of the day was to be spent in blissful cleaning , laundry and packing .
   None of that happened . Instead , I rested my head for a little bit while waiting for my friend since I just came home from work . I fell alseep . My friend waited and waited outside , calling me on the cell . I never heard a peep . She left thinking I must be mad at her since she could see my car parked in the back .
  Then I went downstairs to do a load of laundry and locked myself out of my apartment . I always carry keys with me and that morning I decided it was "silly" of me to keep doing that since the door never locked after me . . . . . . before .
    It was a perfect day for my plans  . Emily was out with a girlfriend for most of the day . The apartment  all to myself . A fresh , new cup of coffee  sitting on the table  . All waiting for me on the other side of a locked door .
   There I was , in the hallway , no shoes or phone or keys . At least , my clothes matched and I looked decent . What a pickle .
   The first hour , I was quite calm and relaxed , trying to remember where exactly did Emily say she was going . Hoping it wasn't this Saturday that the Christian Music Festival was going on or I'll be here until nightfall .
   The next hour , I started praying for the door to open . Periodically , checking the door in case God opened it  . Hey , He parted the Sea , didn't He ?
    The third hour , an idea popped into my head , maybe Emily came back while I was downstairs and is sitting in her room listening to music with her headphones . That's why the door is locked ! Brilliant ! Ran around my apartment on the outside , calling out Emily's name like a lunatic .
   The fourth hour , I just gave up . Sat down on the back stairs and had a good cry . I let the devil in and pity took over . No one was coming . I would sit there until midnight  , thirsty , hungry  and I had to go use the bathroom .
   That's when Emily came home and found me sitting on the stairs . '"You know , mom , I can't go anywhere  without you getting into trouble ", she says .
  You know , the strange thing is that Diamond was VERY quiet the whole time I was out there . No meowing from her at all . I bet SHE was the one who locked me out . Have a Blessed Week everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...