Thursday, June 28, 2012

The Adventures Of I Like Pizza 106

  My first night was spent as a yoyo .  From the moment the children saw me , it has been a bombardment of " grandma , come look at this " or " grandma , sit by me " or Grandma this or grandma that " . Each child pulling me in his or her direction vying for my attention . At times , becoming a competition between the two .
   Obviously , they have missed me and love me as much as I love and miss them .
  Before bed , I settled down with my grandson's book that he has written called " The Adventures Of I like Pizza 106 . I read page after page about a futuristic world that at times was difficult for an older person such as myself  to understand . All this came from that young man ! I never knew he was such a little writer !
  At breakfast the next morning , I settled down to write my blog . He was all over it . Full of questions .
    " What are you doing , grandma ? ", " How can I start my own blog , grandma ? " And another literary genius was born ! That 's  all he talks about . He does like the idea of my borrowing his title for this blog .
   So , what about Hannah , you ask ? Well , all she cares about is that I crochet booties , a blanket and a hat for her bear ! She wanted gloves but I told her that I couldn't possibly crochet something so very small . What was her reply ? " Okay , let's play Skippo ".
  Upon arriving at the cottages , the children and I went for a walk to explore our surroundings . The walk ended as Hannah saw a miniature house in the playground for the kids to play in . . . equipped with a chalkboard ! Well , that was that ! The walk ended and class began ! It took all of my past mothering skill to maneuver her away and back to the cottage .
  We had a bonfire going on our first night  right along with s'mores . That was my very first time eating s'mores ! As we watched the fire die down , we each recited our favorite thing about God . As crazy as our vacation began , it was a beautiful , perfect ending to our erratic day . Have a Blessed Week everyone .
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...