Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Champagne With Breakfast

    Every so often , my mom and I drive out to Palos Hills to visit my Aunt . With all of our schedules , it's not easy finding time to get together . We head out straight from my work usually on a Saturday morning arriving in time for breakfast .
   My Aunt has style ! She  sets the table beautifully like a  five  star hotel . She serves a luxury breakfast . This time she pulled out a bottle of champagne for a toast. . . . . for breakfast ! Why not ! ! 
   No men allowed , just us girls . Let's celebrate being women .. . . Aunts , mothers , sisters , nieces . We share stories of what is new in our families . We break bread and sip champagne . We laugh , we argue and we cry .  It just occurred to me that I write alot about the women in my life . That's how important they are to me .
   After breakfast , we head into the living room where my Aunt has recorded movies just for this occasion . We spend a lovely day just watching old comedies . I am treated like royalty with my feet upon an ottoman and everything I need on a table besides . I don't have to get up to do anything but crochet my little heart out .
   This time as I looked at us three , laughing at a particular scene , I was reminded of all the times we spent together . Of all the changes in our lives that we have been through .There are so many scenes that flash before me filled with memories . Some good and some not so good . Look how far we have come . Look at us now .
   This woman , sitting besides me , sneaked ice cold water for me to sip while I was in the hospital and just dying of thirst . She did that out of love for me . How could I not love her back .   I think that deserves a little champagne at breakfast , don't you ?
    

1 comment:

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...