Thursday, June 21, 2012

Been There , Done That

   Receiving a text from a friend about Robin Roberts new health crisis devastated me . We both went through cancer at the same time five years ago .Yet , here we are ,  facing cancer again .
    Watching her reveal her new health crisis on air brought back alot of bad feelings . I saw her fighting tears and I knew just how she felt right at that moment . Listening to her speak of her faith made me realize how much we are alike .
    We ,  as Christians , believe we were healed the first time . I have said this before . This is not what we were expecting . This will be very emotional for her , very emotional  for her , indeed .  Crying will become her favorite past-time .
   It seems we are struck down , one by one , all over again . How disheartening it is ! Every week , I watch my Linda , worn out and so very tired , lose that lively spirit that shone through her eyes . She just wants to rest . Quite honestly , I wish I could give her that rest she is looking for .
  I daily post my blog , which quite lately , has been full of spirited excitement . In this blog , I show a whole new love of life . Maybe more so now than before .There is one slight difference . I have no illusions about my health any longer . I think I have finally accepted my illness . I want to enjoy whatever life I have left .
  It saddens me to hear and see of others suffering . This whole experience has left me very sensitive to the pain of others . I can feel their pain  and I wish I could relieve it .
  Last night , at work , no one was happy and I certainly heard about it from all of them . With every complaint , sound or not , I felt the weight of the mallet sinking me down . I wish I could change people's circumstances for the better . I want to take their pain away . Maybe , I 'm really not equipped emotionally for this job any longer . Certainly ,   something I have thought about .
   We need to pray for courage to shoulder other's pain . To become more caring and giving when needed . Now that I have depressed everyone .. . .. . I hope you have a Blessed Week .

1 comment:

  1. There is a kindness in your heart that is reflected in your words. Great compassion. I love that, Lottie. Reminds me of my Savior. Maybe, with all of the suffering that sifts out so much of the "unnecessary" stuff of life, God is replacing it with what really matters. A little bit more of Jesus...

    ReplyDelete

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...