Sunday, June 3, 2012

A 50th Celebration

   Last night , I went to a friend of mine's 50th birthday celebration . Since Dorota and I work together , I felt a little uncomfortable going to a party where I didn 't know anyone . I didn't want to go alone so I asked my mom to come with me . All the way there , I silently prayed that I would sit at a table with people I could be comfortable with conversing for the first time .
  Let me tell you .........when I turn 50 in three years .....I will do the same . She held the party at a banquet hall . It was beautifully decorated with balloons and flowers . She invited all her good friends and even had a DJ . When all the quests arrived , she made a grand entrance in a gorgeous long gown .
  Maybe , I won't have such a grand party with all the trimmings , but the idea of celebrating my life with  all of my friends and family is very appealing . Having cancer and surviving right along with reaching 50 is an awesome reason to celebrate .
  So who did I sit with ? Well , I sat next to a woman who recently became separated from her husband . She  too , was worried about the party , this being the first occasion she would be going to alone .
   I had a wonderful time with this woman . I had on a brand new dress and brand new pair of shoes . There is nothing like a new dress and shoes to make a woman feel great . Took off my scarf and spiked my tiny hair . I danced the whole night . Never felt my knee . Though .......
   The minute I stepped into the car , everything hurt and I mean everything . I barely made it up the stairs to my apartment . I'm still feeling it .
  What the heck . Life is meant to be lived . Have a Blessed Week everyone .
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...