Sunday, June 10, 2012

Scrub , Scrub Away

  I remember when my Emily was little , she was a terror . Her brother , quite opposite , was much easier to handle . When she was in serious trouble she would try to make it up by cleaning out the refrigerator . That refrigerator would be spotless , brand new when she was done with it . It's as if by scrubbing away the filth and the dirt washed away her bad behavior with it . That was her apology . She did alot of scrubbing in those days .
  Isn't that how we all are ? I know I am . Anytime , my life gets messed up and  stressed out ,  I organize my closet or drawers . I'm cleaning out the mess in my life . I feel better . . . .cleansed . . . . .brand new .
  A dear friend of mine deals with illness in her family by scrubbing all her kitchen cabinets on  a regular basis  . The more powerful the cleaner that she uses the better she feels . Her kitchen is clean . Her life is back on track . She can go on with her life . Deal with it much better .
  When we , women in particular , are stressed we soak in the tub to ease away the troubles of the day .  It's the same principle just a different method .
   I can understand how the act of scrubbing makes us feel better . To me , it's almost Biblical  since water is used for Baptism and when submerged  we rise up cleansed. . . . brand new .  In the act of scrubbing we use a liquid that leaves the surface clean .
  As I look into my refrigerator today and notice how dirty it is , I almost wish Emily would rebel again just so she can clean the refrigerator in penance .Have a Blessed Week everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...