Monday, June 11, 2012

The Cover Up

   For the past several weeks , I have been painstakingly aware of needing to buy a swimsuit for my trip . Many times being in the " presence " of this foreign piece of clothing only to simply walk past . It is such an unflattering strip of material .
  How many women agonized over their figures , fasting and starving themselves to get into this infamous swimsuit . How many diets have we gone on ? Too numerous to recall . I do remember failing quite alot .
  Last time I wore a swimsuit , whether it was two - piece or one , was when my chicks were toddlers . A very long , long time ago . I gave up on that article of clothing . Never bothering to stop and check out the latest style .
  My darling Aubs , has informed me that our trip involved water and plenty of it . We will be in it alot and under no circumstances is she accepting my numerous reasons for not wearing one . In other words , be proud of what God gave you , BUY A SWIMSUIT .
  The date was set . The reservations made . Still no suit . Every store I went to had one . . . . . . mocking me  . . . . . . come on try me on . With a deep sigh and not expecting much I plowed through the racks . I better find a 1920's style that covered from neck down to my knees or longer . I'll produce my own tights like the Flappers in the Twenties .  Now those were real suits !
   Yes , I bought one . It's staring at me right now . I tried it on and Emily burst into giggles . I look like a colorful beachball . Can't wait to show the world . I'll wear it just so I can play with the kids but if Aubs posts any picture on Facebook below the neck . . . . . .have mercy . . . . .show mercy .
   Be careful parents because these kids get even when they grow up . Have a Blessed Week everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...