Wednesday, June 27, 2012

My Gross Vacation

 " So , Lottie , where are you going on your vacation ? " a co-worker of mine asked , whose name we will not mention . She knows who she is .
  " To a waterpark with my grandkids , " I told her .
 " Ewww , gross !!! I can't imagine going anywhere worse . All those little kids , doing God knows what in the water . "
   I laughed . No one has ever called my vacations "gross " before . I'm not offended . She is young and has  no children .....yet . She will change her mind later when she does .
   My departure to Springfield went off smoothly . I was in train heaven ! Standing on the platform , waiting for the Metra to arrive brought back memories . With each train going past , blowing their whistle , I marveled at their beauty and power they portrayed . I realized just how much I really missed riding the train .
   Once I boarded Amtrak , the trip itself was very fast . There didn't seem to be hardly any delays . We only stopped twice for an incoming train . It seemed as if the train was chugging along in full throttle blowing it's whistle non-stop . I felt like a little kid silently begging that it would keep on tooting !!!!
   The train was so cold with the air conditioner coming down from above my head and down below by my feet . I was freezing and couldn't wait to arrive in Springfield  secretly hoping it was extremely melting hot outside so I could warm up fast . I ended up going to the lounge to get a coffee . The thing about coffee on the train .....it's either very , very good or it's very , very bad . Today it was bad . 
    Upon arrival , I couldn't wait to lay down for a much needed nap . I was afraid that too much time has elapsed since I last slept and wouldn't be able to sleep . My worry was unfounded because no sooner I laid down , it was over . 
    The next thing I knew , my Aubs was tapping my shoulder asking if I wanted to pick up the " littles " with her . Of course , I want to pick them up , especially since they have been asking about me . Little did I know that I should have eaten my Wheaties today  where they are concerned . Stay tuned for the " littles".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...