Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A Reunion Weekend

  It all started out with a message to meet at our favorite shopping store . A message from a friend who has moved away to Texas . I was startled to get that message since how can we meet if she  is 16 hours away!? My friend , are you here ?
   As it turned out she was on her way , along with her three children , coming to stay for a week . Since our church was having a picnic that very Saturday , we arranged to meet there . I was also bringing a friend I haven't seen since the kids were little .
   Upon arriving at the picnic , I ran into my christian mentor , who has moved away . As we all sat on the blanket reminiscing about the past , I thought how great this weekend was turning out to be . Not only did I meet up with one but three of my friends all in the same day . My Pastor walked up , " Looks like you guys are having a reunion ." If only he knew , I smiled to myself .
  Sunday after church , sitting in my favorite arm chair at home catching up with two of my friends , I thought life is good . Emily and Destiny (13 yrs.old cousin ) were in the kitchen making supper for all of us . What more could I want ? I have friends . I don't have to cook and I don't have to clean up . Sitting here and sharing a glass of wine with my friends . Loving this !!!
  Early , early Monday morning I head out to meet my sleepy Texan friend to do some serious shopping at our favorite haunt . In between , " does this make my butt look big ," or "what do you think of this color on me ", we're reminded of how it used to be .
  That's how it is between true friends . No matter how much time has passed you just pick up where you left off . You can be brutally honest and tell your friend that her butt does look big in those pants . She won't be mad because she's a true friend . Have a Blessed Week everyone and do call an old friend you haven't heard from awhile .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...