Tuesday, May 1, 2012

1 Corinthians 2:9

No eye has seen , no ear has heard , no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him .
         1 Corinthians 2 : 9

  Linda has been on my mind . Everywhere I look in my apartment , I am reminded of her . A shirt she has given me , hanging in the closet . On the wall there is a calendar personalized by her . Every page a special note written for me and Emily . On my dresser , a scarf that she wore at one time , now belonging to me .
   Opening a book , the above verse stares up at me . That's Linda's verse . I can picture her saying it to me as we spoke on the phone one day . That day we both were not feeling well , experiencing side effects from chemo . Our conversation focused on our dying and going to heaven .
    Linda recited that verse to me , remarking how much she loved it . No eye has seen . " Can you imagine what we will be seeing ? Something that has never been seen by a living person ". No ear has heard . " What are we gonna hear , Lottie ?" No mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him . " We can't imagine it because this is beauty beyond beauty . No living being has witnessed it before ."
    I have seen and read this verse many times and yet , never have I understood it like I did that day with Linda . It has so much meaning for the both of us .
    Yes , Linda has been on my mind lately . Someone once told me that if we keep thinking about a person  with no explanation , that person needs our prayer . So I keep praying for Linda . My friend .

1 comment:

  1. I love that verse. Linda sounds like a very dear friend, Lottie. I'm glad she has you for a friend. My heart goes out to you both...

    ReplyDelete

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...