Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A Neighbor's Eye

   There was a knock on our door late one evening . Surprised , Emily and I looked at each other . Who could that be at this time ? Answering the door , it was one of our neighbors holding in her hand my keys . Apparently , old age has visited me earlier and I left them in the front door keyhole .  
    How did this young woman know it was ours ? There are eight units in our building and only two of them have been here awhile . The other six , including us , have moved in less then six months ago . We are new to each other .
    My grandma , living in Poland and in her nineties , loves to sit in front of her house for hours watching people . Sometimes , she calls out to them with a remark or two . She doesn't know them all by name but she does KNOW about them .
   We can learn alot from watching others . Especially , if we are neighbors or share a building . As my grandma sits there in the shade , she observes everyone's movements and habits . She can tell you their story . As she calls out to them  , I'm sure they wonder who the old woman is sitting there making conversation . I'm sure they wonder if she is sane .
   We call each other nosy .We tell each other to mind our own business . But . . . .. that night when my neighbor found my keys inside the keyhole , I was happy that she knew who owned those keys . Have a Blessed Week  and remember , your neighbor's eye is upon you .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...