Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Being A Duck

  Have you ever watched  ducks in water ? The way they constantly flit in and out on the pond ? Bobbing their head in the water and spraying themselves ? They're constantly cleaning themselves . The is quite a job trying to keep oneself clean of filth .How about the dangers a duck in water constantly faces ? Always in danger ....always on guard . Isn't that a little bit like life ?
   I have been very naivee . I really thought I had myself covered because I have gone through this before , haven't I ? I have been naivee .
  Being at home , while going through treatment isolated from the world , makes one feel safe . You let your defenses down . You isolate yourself from the world outside by surrounding yourself with a closeted life you created . You let in only the safe people , closing the doors on everyone else who is a threat to your little existence .
  Going back to work , I have forgotten how to keep myself safe from the devil . You are attacked constantly , flitting in and out of dangerous waters . It's not just work but everywhere . I'm not just sitting in my home anymore . I'm out in the world and the world is dangerous .
  Watching those ducks swim around in their dangerous waters , I notice how they constantly wash themselves . Their dirt and filth slides right off .
   Here I am , secluded in my safe haven for the last two days taking a much needed break from that outside world . My break is ending tonight and already I'm preparing myself for the outside world . Being a duck is hard work . Let it all slide off me . Have a Blessed Week .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...