Monday, May 14, 2012

Sharing My Story Part 2

      After my second surgery , I transfered to another hospital because of poor care . That was the best decision I have ever made .  The first four months , I had a hysterectomy , an abcess surgery , a colostomy , 5 infections , a fischula , being fed intravenously and finally a reversible colostomy . The longest I ever spent at home at one time was 10 days .
     During this time , I only had one chemo treatment . We had to stop because of all these above mentioned problems . I weighed in at 100 lbs . I didn't look skinny .....I looked like the people at the concentration camp . I have pictures of myself . I looked awful . What must have people thought when they saw me ? I used to stuff my bra with wash cloths so I would have some sort of figure . I was a board .
     Surprisingly , my chemo wasn't harsh at all . My mom would say it's because of all the pain I had experienced during those four months , God made sure my chemo wasn't bad .
     One thing for sure , I have never , ever felt more love like I did then . People I haven't met prayed for me . Joey was on the radio then and he would speak of me to his listeners . Whenever he would mention my name the whole board would light up with calls .They all prayed for me . My neighbor gave me a hankerchief that her entire church prayed over . My mom's co-workers donated some of their vacation time to her so she could be with me in the hospital . That's amazing ! Not a week would go by without a card in the mail to cheer me on .
     I think the hardest thing for everyone  was to see me in a weak state . I have always been considered a very strong woman in my family . My mother would call me a bull. . . . . . . " she's strong as a bull ". Well , this bull broke down , on her knees many times . There were times I would ask God to take me  already . My support was amazing . While in the hospital  , I was rarely alone . The flowers , the cards . the phone calls never stopped . People do support each other in a crisis .
    I did learn how important it is to keep a positive attitude . This is more for others than myself . When I broke down , my friends and family would panick like it was the end . I noticed how my moods affected the people around me . People need to feel there is hope .
     I noticed how my children still needed me emotionally even though they're grown . Even now , Emily always says that God has kept me here because He knows that she's just not ready . It will be very difficult for them when I pass more for Emily than Joe. Joe has Aubrey and Emily has no mate yet . Anyone know of a young man ?
   One thing for sure , I have never felt more loved in my life . I felt like God saved my life and I needed to make sure I don't waste a minute of it . I still feel like that . It changed my whole attitude on living in the moment . Have a Blessed Week everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...