Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Gift Of Gab

    For half my life , I felt an emptiness inside spiritually . The seed has been planted many times  during my life by many people . The fruit of those seeds ? Well , that process was slow .
    When I chose to be baptized , my girlfriend asked me to write my testimony to share with others . I didn't . It seemed too personal , but deep down insides I felt scared and inadequate .
     As I have sat in Bible study on numerous occasion discussing evangelism  , I have always marveled at people who had the gift of preaching . There are people who can come up to a stranger and start preaching the Word of God . They can quote verses and somehow seem to know just how to answer those tough questions .
   Where am I in all of this ? I have learned this about myself . When there is a confrontation of my Faith , I get all tongue tied and can't think of one thing to say . The harder and more aggressive the confrontation the more I retreat . Now , when it is all nice and pleasant and safe , I have absolutely no problem . I can preach and quote the Bible with the best of them .
   That really isn't the point , is it ? I should be able to do that regardless of who is in front of me and no matter how they approach me . It is the same with praying in front of others .
   I have always been in awe of people who have the gift of gab . They can talk with anyone . They can pray like poetry . They can preach the Word and have a comeback answer regardless how aggressive the individual .
    It seems that people notice my actions more than what I say . There have been countless times when friends or associates have remarked how different I have become . . . . . better . I have become different and others seemed to have noticed . Makes one feel better since we are thought as Christians to preach the Word to others . I may not have the gift of gab but actions do speak louder than words at times . Have a Blessed Week .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...