Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A Hairy Business

    Hair has taken over my life . With the chemo ending 3 months ago , I have been waiting , impatiently , for hair to make a return in my life . Everyday , I would stand in front of the mirror looking for some signs of growth upon my head . Come on hair ....GROW !
   Hair did grow , but where ? My moustache !!!! Of all the places this was the last place I wanted hair ! What came next ? My legs !! Come on  ! Hair started growing all over my body except my head . That was last to appear .
  I have to say that I've never waited for anything with such anticipation as my hair . When my eyelashes started to grow I felt beautiful . I never appreciated them before .
  My hair is growing but not at the rate I want . We are never satisfied , are we ? With the summer heat upon us , I'm very hot wearing the scarves .  So why don't I just take it off ? Because. . . . .
   I remember the first time around five years ago , I took off my scarf as soon as my hair was just stubble , feeling gorgeous . Only later did I find out from people how badly it didn't suit me . Actually , it was just two people that made that remark to me . It did hurt to hear it . I felt silly because I walked around with that blunt haircut feeling fantastic and I guess I wasn't . . . . . fantastic . Won't let that happen again . I'm just not ready to take it off .
   The hair color is different . Not really sure what color it will turn out to be , but it is different from last time . I loved my hair last time .
   I have a secret to tell . . . . when I'm by myself  . . . . .I run my hand over my hair constantly . I love the feel of it . Hair marks our appearamce . Can't wait to see how it frames my face . Can't wait to take a picture with hair . Can't wait . .. . Have a Blessed Week everyone .
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...