Monday, May 7, 2012

Sowing Spiritual Seeds

     A long time ago , someone planted a spiritual seed regarding me . They were not the only planters . There were many planters before that seed grew into  a rich and luscious and plentiful crop . But I'm glad that they took the time and cared enough .
     When did it start ? I've thought about this for awhile . I believe my first introduction was in my teens as I worked as a waitress at this small restaurant , George N Willie's . There was a waitress who only worked there for a short while . Her family was experiencing hard times with her husband being laid off and having two small babies .
     She told me how someone at her church gave her family a hundred dollar bill because this person felt they needed help . Honestly , I felt she was crazy . How could anyone feel that you needed help? I just didn't understand .
     This woman also invited me to her church . Now , thinking back , if I thought she was crazy , why did I go ? Mind you , at that time , I was still a Catholic  . . .. . .maybe  a doubting Catholic , but still a Catholic .
     The " church " was in a hotel conference room . The Pastor was loud and speaking about sinners being in the room . I became scared . I've never been exposed  to anything like that . Church was different kind of experience for me . It was easier to just think they were all crazy . What kind of church meets in a hotel conference room ?
      I wasn't ready then . My heart was closed but a little crack formed . That crack grew bigger with every small experience throughout the years until it finally cracked wide open . There wasn't any one person but many people who planted my seed .
       All the people I have met since my transformation , I wonder how many seeds I have planted . How many have actually ripened into fruit ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...