Saturday, May 12, 2018

When Push Comes To Shove

                                                               Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey. 

Where our Captain bids us go,
'T is not ours to murmur, "No,"
He that gives the sword and shield,
Chooses too the battle-field
On which we are to fight the foe.
ANON.

Sometimes, God just keeps pushing us into a place where we don't want to go. That doesn't stop Him at all. He pushes even harder. That's where I'm at lately, in a place where I'm fighting not to be in. 

It's more about acceptance than anything else. Is my will the same as God's will for me? A lot of times, we are on two separate wavelengths. I always ask myself that question, because just in case we are not and it's wishful thinking on my part. It's always fine when we both want the same thing, right?

It's also about trust, trust in God that He has our best interests and He knows me better than I do myself. Trust that His plan is far better than anything I could ever do myself. It always is even when it doesn't seem that it could be, until it actually happens. Only then, do we see the why.

So what is God pushing you towards right now? Are you resisting? Are you wondering why you are where you are at? I ask myself these questions all the time, especially when it comes to two areas in my life: my work life and my children's requests. Why oh why are we at where we are or most importantly, when are we getting out of this path? 

The fact is that when God pushes me and I finally do what He wants from me, things are better in my life. I feel better and wonder to myself, why haven't I listened from the beginning? If we only knew ahead of time . . .. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...