Monday, May 28, 2018

Summer Favorites

                                                                     Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                      everyday is a journey.




Now, Lord, what wait I for?
    On Thee alone
  My hope is all rested,--
    Lord, seal me Thine own!
  Only Thine own to be,
  Only to live to Thee.
        Thine, with each day begun,
        Thine, with each set of sun,
        Thine, till my work is done.
ANNA WARNER.

We love Summer foods! There is such an abundance of fresh fruits and veggies that Winter cannot provide. There is nothing better than a fresh tomato right off the vine. Mmm, I miss that the most. Let's not forget the fresh smelling fragrance of herbs that fills one's nostrils with an invigorating scent. Who wouldn't want a sprig of basil, mint or parsley atop their favorite Summer dish?

One of Emily's favorites happens to be fresh fruit, especially berries. I buy them all. I get a huge bowl ready and slice up some strawberries, kiwis, peaches and throw in some blackberries, grapes, raspberries, blueberries into the mix. Sprinkle a small teaspoon of sugar on top and viola, fresh fruit salad.

This fruit salad is a great snack or as a side dish on a hot day. There is always a huge bowl in the frig ready to go. In fact, when Fall arrives, Emily is always crestfallen, because all the delicious fruit will be gone for a few months.  We could buy some during the Winter Season, but they don't taste the same as they do while in Season. 

What are some of the fruits and veggies you look forward to during Summer? I, myself, love watermelon and could exist on it everyday. Then there are the tomatoes, fresh herbs, papaya, pineapple etc. I could go on and on. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...