Monday, May 28, 2018

Simply Meatless

                                                                       Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                        everyday is a journey.






Time was, I shrank from what was right, 
From fear of what was wrong; 
I would not brave the sacred fight, 
Because the foe was strong. 
But now I cast that finer sense 
And sorer shame aside; 
Such dread of sin was indolence, 
Such aim at heaven was pride. 
J. H. NEWMAN.



I've noticed something really weird lately. When I do eat some meat, my tummy hurts afterwards. I just don't enjoy meat anymore or at least, certain types of meat. I guess I just don't need it anymore. My body has become accustomed to the fruits and vegetables sustaining my needs. 

Now that doesn't mean I'm here to bash people who love to eat meat. Absolutely not! You can eat all the meat you want. This is about me and my body. You know, I was listening to Dr. Vernon J. McGee talk about how he believes that we were vegetarians here on earth until the great flood of Noah. Then we became carnivores. That actually makes sense to me. In the Garden of Eden, people and animals of every sort got along. No one felt threatened in any way. 

Anyway, I do still enjoy burgers very much. That is my number one choice of meat. Of course, that doesn't mean that I won't eat meat if placed in front of me. I just won't eat a lot of it. I don't need it. I don't miss it. I can do without it. 

I feel as if I have progressed a little further along in this healthy lifestyle/diet journey of my life. I want to take care of this body since God gave me a second chance. I want to do whatever is necessary to live a healthy sustaining and preventive life. God determines the length of my life, but I choose how I plan on living that life and in what condition.

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...