Monday, May 14, 2018

Another Breakfast

                                                          Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.


Come hither, lads, and harken,
For a tale there is to tell
Of the wonderful days a-coming,
When all shall be better than well.
Come, then, let us cast off fooling,
And put by ease and rest,
For the cause alone is worthy
Till the good days bring the best.
--William Morris.

I really love our Women Breakfasts. After being away from Church activities for so long, I find this to be a blessing. Just the fact that it's available when I am off work is enough for me to quickly sign up every month. I have a been praying for activities such as this one for years. 

It never fails that whenever the day arrives there is a major weather forecast. Either there is a major thunderstorm or in the last case, a blizzard. So far, it has been a perfectly sunny and beautiful Saturday morning. Talk about the devil trying to keep us away. 

Only once have I gone by myself. All other times, I have two lovely ladies who love to join me. One is my mom and the other a young lady named Cindy. There is also a theme speaker for that morning and I love hearing what each one has to say. Just the fact that I can meet the different staff members of this mega Church is big for me. I can hear what they stand for and see them in person. 

This is the first Breakfast since I made the decision to come every two months alternating between my Ministry and this Women's Breakfast. It seemed as if it was months and months since I've been here. I missed it for sure. In fact, I wasn't even planning on going to this one, but one of my girlfriends was interested. Talk about last minute decision making!

I've discovered that I actually need this time for myself. We spend so much time being everything to everyone else that we forget to feed our souls. We are so good at taking care of our loved ones, but never ourselves. I've enjoyed myself immensely. I look forward to the next one. 

Let me encourage each of you to go out there and do something for yourself. It doesn't matter what that may be. It could just include a walk in the park or a coffee in a shoppe. What feeds your soul? What relaxes you? I encourage you to find it and live it. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...