Wednesday, May 9, 2018

A Little Birdie Told Me

                                                           Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                           everyday is a journey.



Labor is life! 'tis the still water faileth;
Idleness ever despaireth, bewaileth:
Keep the watch wound, or the dark rust assaileth;
Flowers droop and die in the stillness of noon.
Labor is glory! the flying cloud lightens;
Only the waving wing changes and brightens,
Idle hearts only the dark future frightens,
Play the sweet keys, wouldst thou keep them in tune.

My mom put together the puzzle above of the different birds. Looking at them made me realize how much Joey seems to love birds. This is something I never knew about him before, even though I am his mother. Every time I visit, there is a new bird house feeder or more birds flying around his yard. 

To say I'm a little surprised would be an understatement. Joey has never shown interest for pets. Take his sister for instance, her whole life she has been an animal whisperer. She can't walk down the street without dogs or cats running up to her for love. That is not Joey. Now, that doesn't mean he doesn't care for pets, it just means he doesn't go coo-coo over animals like his sister.

Although, looking back to when he first started living on his own, one could see his love for the subtle and relaxing things in life. He began fishing, a sport that involves quiet time, meditation and peace. Birds in a way are the same. They're tranquil, reflective and peaceful. In a way, that might be what his heart longs for since his occupation devotes so much of him to others. 

We all are looking for that something that we can enjoy and relax in. Recently, I had a massage and the entire time there, they were playing a piano instrumental. I cannot explain to you how much that relaxed me. I need to try that at home. Besides that, I have a deep desire to get some bird feeders when I retire, so I can watch the birds just like my son. After all this years, they actually teach us.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...