Thursday, May 24, 2018

May In Review

                                                           Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.





Do not look forward to the changes and chances of this life in fear;
 rather look to them with full hope that, as they arise, God, 
whose you are, will deliver you out of them. 
He has kept you hitherto,--do you but hold fast to His dear hand,
 and He will lead you safely through all things; and, when you cannot stand, 
He will bear you in His arms. Do not look forward to what
may happen to-morrow; the same everlasting Father who cares for you to-day,
will take care of you to-morrow, and every day. Either he will shield you
from suffering, or He will give you unfailing strength to bear it. Be at
peace then, and put aside all anxious thoughts and imaginations.
ST. FRANCIS DE SALES.

May came in with a gorgeous day filled with sunshine. One could see moms pushing strollers and joggers hitting the pavement. People walking around outside with a milkshake or a cold brew in their hands. Oh Yeah, Spring has definitely arrived!

I have been truly blessed with waking up early just as the sun has risen. It doesn't mean I actually get up at that time, but I do listen as my neighbors leave for work and the children leave for school. The sounds of life are very welcoming. I have been reading the life of Richard Proenneke who lived in the Alaskan wilderness all by himself and yet, even there were sounds of life. The birds, squirrels and all other types of animals were heard all throughout the day. We are surrounded by life.

So I just finished the book WHY HER by Nicki Koziarz who so reminds me of my Aubs. Funny thing is that I'm in the Bible study of David and one of the chapters dealt with jealousy. I couldn't help, but notice the coinciding topics I was studying between the two. All of this made me focus on my relationships with the people in my life. I kept asking myself how we were doing in this friendship/relationship that we share. May certainly was the month of deep reflection, especially in the relationship arena.

It has been raining almost every night this month. These are the first two days without any rain we have had this month. I can see that we are not alone in this as the other states are reporting the same. Now, I love the rain and I love how it looks after it rains. My problem is that my body can no longer appreciate the Winters and the rainy Season. I have been battling my joints/arthritis/charley horses since December. I occasionally have a good night's sleep, but they are extremely rare. At least, my tree at work is growing and filling out beautifully from all this rain.


Well, I didn't tell you, but those wild neighbors below me have left like thieves in the night. Remember them? They stayed up all night partying, playing music, arguing among other things. This single mom has moved in from Springfield, Illinois! What a coincidence! 

Anyway, our laundry situation has increased where everyone is using it, especially on the weekends. The Association takes care of the laundry machines in each building and they only pick up the coins once a month. Our machines are completely full! This only happened once before and I went to the laundromat. They are so pricey now. It is much cheaper in our building. I have used mom's facility a few times, but honestly, who wants to drag all these bags full of clothes. I am truly spoiled. 


When I run out of clothes and they still haven't emptied the coin slots, maybe I will go to the laundromat. That hamper is also filled with baby blankets, hats etc. that have to be washed before delivery. I was hoping to make a delivery this Holiday weekend, but obviously that won't happen. That's my current situation. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...