Thursday, May 17, 2018

Simply Coffee Pt. 2

                                                                         Everyday is a brand new day, 
                                                                         everyday is a journey.



Mine be the reverent, listening love 
That waits all day on Thee, 
With the service of a watchful heart 
Which no one else can see. 
A. L. WARING.



A few months back, I wrote a post on coffee and the benefits/harmful effects it has on our bodies. I gave it up cold turkey and became a tea toddler instead. At first, it was very difficult for my body to become accustomed to the lack of caffeine. I couldn't find a substitute for that flavor to sustain me nor satisfy my thirst. I tried all types of teas and it took quite a few weeks for my body to become accustomed to my new routine, but it did. 

Yet, I became very lethargic. I should explain that this past Winter I had probably for the very first time, the blues. I really suffered from not having the sunshine that we need. That may sound ridiculous to you, but several people felt the same way I did. I became lethargic, terribly fatigued.

Now I know that my body has undergone tremendous damage from all the years of having cancer. The treatments of chemo and radiation have taken a toll on my body and it will be a very long time until my body will recover fully. I understand all that and believe me, I am very well aware of my body.

All of that brings me to the conclusion that I need that cup of coffee in the morning. I went back to having a cup of coffee every morning. I have to be honest that I don't enjoy coffee anymore. I love drinking my tea, especially the mint flavor. 

Like I said before, there are a multitude of benefits as well as
harmful effects from drinking coffee. The point here is that we can distinguish which one either aids in or harms our health. If you are having problems with your heart, you shouldn't be drinking coffee. In fact, none of us should be drinking coffee all day long. Anything that is taken in over indulgence isn't good for us. There has to be a perfect balance in all we do.

I've always been very honest with all of you with my journey here to better manage my cancer. I wanted to bring this before you, because I didn't want anyone to think I didn't live what I preach. There are many times that I have fallen off the path, but I do get back on track. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...