Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Another Typical Tuesday

                                                               Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.







Be useful where thou livest, that they may
  Both want and wish thy pleasing presence still.
  ...Find out men's wants and will,
  And meet them there. All worldly joys go less
  To the one joy of doing kindnesses.
G. HERBERT

I awakened way before the set time on the alarm clock ever beeped 6 a.m. It has been raining for the last week or more, especially at night. I needed to drop off my mom at the bus station and I was afraid the road connecting our homes was blocked, because of flooding. Luckily, it wasn't. 

The air hung with moisture. One could feel more rain was coming. Last night, at both Emily's and mine work, the lights went out. It was thundering and lightening struck violently across the darkening sky. It was a bad storm. That's exactly how it felt this morning as I headed out to mom's place. There was another storm coming. 

Tuesday has been quite a busy day for me for the last couple of weeks. Finishing my task with mom, there was enough time left for a quick shower and breakfast before heading out to my Beth Moore Bible study. These mornings go by so quick and the next thing I know, it's time for work. Tuesday is just busy!

I spent my Mother's Day evening at home attempting to watch "Unforgotten" on PBS. I say attempting to, because I couldn't turn on the darn television. I was all set with my tea and crocheting on the coffee table. We have like all these remotes. One for the telly, one for the games, one for the cable and on and on. I'm pressing all of them and I got as far as turning it on, but I couldn't get the right input. 

Frustrated, I call Emily at work. 
Emily: Vero.
Me: How do you turn on the t.v.?
Emily: Really mom? I have a line of people waiting on the busiest day of the week and you can't turn on the t.v.? 
Me: Just tell me.
Emily: I don't have time for that. I have angry, impatient customers waiting.

She was absolutely no help to me at all. Hope you have a wonderful and blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...