Saturday, May 5, 2018

Not A Bad Day

                                                                         Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                         everyday is a journey.






For patience, when the rough winds blow!
For patience, when our hopes are fading,--
When visible things all backward go,
And nowhere seems the power of aiding!
God still enfolds thee with His viewless hand,
And leads thee surely to the Fatherland.
N. L. FROTHINGHAM, from the German.



The day has gone pretty good so far, even with a few hiccups along the way. I awakened early and had my breakfast with a dear girlfriend. We ended up getting a massage afterwards, finally using up my free massage gift certificate I've received for my birthday. It was totally relaxing and I didn't want it to end. They kept playing a piano instrumental music and I found it quite enjoyable. Maybe I should try it at home with the lights off?

The day preceded with a trip to Home Depot to make a copy of my car keys. The original copy got lost and let me tell you, it's been a heck to get a new one. This has been my fourth Home Depot and finally I've struck oil. The key is a transporter (anti-theft) and not too many of the stores have them for my make/model/year. 

There was a gentleman waiting beside me for one thing or another and he never heard of a transporter key. Now, I thought men were born knowing everything on cars and sports, but apparently, I was wrong. So I very knowledgeably informed him of all the details. 

Came home and decided to do some laundry. Don't ask me why, because I should know better than to do laundry over the weekend. There are two of my neighbors who spend all weekend doing theirs, so it's a crap shoot if one can find an available washer/dryer. This time, there was no one washing so I rushed down and loaded the machine. Of course, I should have checked if the dryer was empty or not, but I didn't until I actually needed it. The neighbor used it and left for the day without taking her clothes out of the dryer. 

I felt extremely frustrated, going up and down the stairs checking to see if she came home. Alas, that didn't happen, so I brought the wet clothes upstairs and hung them around  on hangers to air dry by the windows. One can easily become disappointed, discouraged and ticked off, forgetting about the wonderful day I've spent with my friend. I wasn't about to let that happen, so I switched my attitude. One can do that, you know. Suddenly, the day was beautiful once again.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...