Monday, May 21, 2018

We Are Not Alone

                                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.


It is not much
To give a gentle word or kindly touch
To one gone down
Beneath the world's cold frown,
And yet who knows
How great a thing from such a little grows?
O, oftentimes,
Some brother upward climbs
And hope again
Uplifts its head, that in the dust had lain,
Gives place to morning's light.
--E. H. Divall.

When life becomes difficult, we have to push through the hard times. We take it breath by breath, step by step, especially when it feels as if no one understands or is there for us. We are not alone. Even though we do not see Him nor hear from Him for awhile, He is there right beside us. 

That's why it's so important for us to mingle with others and socialize. Let me tell you of someone I used to work with a few years back. There were times where I gave her rides both to work and back home. Whenever we came close to her condo, she had me park at different places each time all because she was extremely paranoid of her neighbors. She didn't want them to know anything about her. 

I would look at her as if she was nuts. How can a person live like that? I'm sure none of those people ever gave her any reason to be so suspicious of them. I am also sure that they would have loved to get to know her better, but she never gave them a chance. Folks, sometimes, we choose to be alone and then we wonder why no one stands for us. 

I would love to tell you that she changed and became a sociable person, but that would be a lie. In fact, quite the opposite. She was a very bitter person who had nothing good to say about anyone. Imagine if she offered even a small bit of herself to someone. I'm sure life would have been a wee bit better for her. Or at least, happier. 

The Lord knows, I love to be alone, but it wasn't my solitude that got me through 4 bouts of ovarian cancer. It was the love and support of many people, some I've never met. The more people we know, the more people can pray for our intercession. We need other people. We need Jesus in our life. We are not meant to be alone. We choose to be alone. That is a completely different thing altogether. As much as I value my privacy and alone time, I love to have a chat about a project or something important to me with someone else. Wouldn't you?

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...