Thursday, December 3, 2015

Throwback Thursday

Resolutions

                                     Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

It's definitely that time of the year once again where we begin making plans for the new upcoming 2016. Where shall we go? What shall we be doing? Should we move? Should we begin a new career?

We ask these questions, because the end of one year marks an end of the past and a new beginning lies in front of us. For most of us, we are looking for a change, because we have had a difficult time of it and are hoping for something better.  We want to believe that it will be better. Without hope there is no future. That's how I feel about Jesus, He is my hope.

As this year comes to a close and a new one approaches, I have no goals whatsoever nor any plans. For once, I just want to wing it. That's huge for me since I've been a planner and a dreamer all of my life. I just want to enjoy whatever lies ahead and I sincerely hope I can deal with the bad as well as the good. That is my only resolution. Hope you enjoy the following post from 2012 called Resolutions.



It seems lately that whatever social media you click into, everyone is stating their "resolutions" for the coming year. I personally, don't make "resolutions". I have goals that I set for the coming year that are realistic goals I can accomplish.That may involve "being closer to my family" or "setting my finances in order", things like that in nature. So, as this year comes to an end , I find myself thinking about the goals I want to set for 2013.

What am I searching for? What do I hope to accomplish? No matter what I come up with, it's all centered on one precept. There is nothing more that I want than peace within my heart. I want to be tranquil emotionally, physically and spiritually. How do I attain that?

Does that mean that I give up all my projects that I've been involved in this past year to make room for all the new things that will be entering my life? Absolutely not, because I feel that these projects are only the beginning. It might also be another extension on where I want to go this new year.

I am not defined in one particular way . . . I am a lot of things rolled into one being. I want to spend this year exploring a deeper side to what God destined me to be. So here we go and let's get started.

Have a Blessed Year everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...