Monday, December 7, 2015

Looking For The Sunshine




                                        Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

It has certainly been a very interesting weekend, unerringly quiet. Since all the construction in our little village, this came as quite a pleasant surprise. We needed the silence. I have been enduring an ear infection since Friday so the perfect silence around me helped with the headaches. 

This morning, I awakened to more cloudiness and the busy hubbub of road construction. I'm growing weary of both. I'm beginning to think that this Winter will truly be dismal for my attitude. 

I came across the following poem over the weekend and almost instantly I was reminded of the beautiful world that God created for us to enjoy. While the scene outside may be far from inviting, I can always close my eyes and envision the poem's contents. I certainly hope your day is brightened even though it is Monday.

 


God, Who Touchest Earth With Beauty
“God, who touchest earth with beauty,
Make my heart anew;
With Thy Spirit re-create me,
Pure, and strong, and true.
Like Thy springs and running waters,
Make me crystal pure;
Like Thy rocks of towering grandeur,
Make me strong and sure.
Like Thy dancing waves in sunlight,
Make me glad and free;
Like the straightness of the pine trees
Let me upright be.
Like the arching of the heavens
Lift my thoughts above,
Turn my dreams to noble action
Ministries of love.
Like the birds that soar while singing,
Give my heart a song.
May the music of thanksgiving
Echo clear and strong.
God, who touchest earth with beauty,
Make my heart anew;
Keep me ever by Thy Spirit,
Pure, and strong, and true.”
Mary S. Edgar

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...