Saturday, December 12, 2015

Hanging And Banging Pt.2

                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey. 

It's been two months since we all saw one another. Two months since we gathered in my little apartment and shared the details of our lives. Who knew we would laugh so hard enjoying each other? Who knew we missed each other so very much?

My tiny living room overflowed with smiling and friendly faces as every seat and chair in this apartment housed a body. Somehow we found room for jewelry making in one corner, crocheting in another and some lighthearted exchange where possible. 

A three hour monthly gathering quickly turned into five. A group of women, one man and a small child, all in one room. 

I learned a valuable lesson today. I 'm sitting here thinking of the entire day and how much we all have come to depend on one another. I've realized how much we all need to meet, to gather so we can forget even for a moment our struggles and just laugh. 

Friends are important, it's difficult to live alone without them.No matter how much we may run away, trying to hide from people, our soul lingers behind looking for a friend. People need people. Couples need a mate. Children need a parent.Pets need a master. We need a Savior. It's as simple as that. 

I am one of those people who tries to run away to become a recluse. I'm constantly pushing myself to be more social and inviting.  I struggle, I panic, I reach out and eventually succeed in making a friend here and there. 

Today, we strengthened these friendships. Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...