Friday, December 11, 2015

What Once Was, Isn't



                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

We would fill the hours with the sweetest things,
If we had but a day:
We should drink alone at the purest springs,
In our upward way:
We should guide our wayward or wearied will,
By the clearest light:
We should keep our eyes on the heavenly hills,
If they lay in sight:
We should be from our clamorous selves set free,
To work and pray:
And be what the Father would have us to be,
If we had but a day.
--Margaret E. Sangster.

I barely slept last night thinking about today. Here I am once again, going backwards filling in for a week doing something I once loved to do. Once, but no longer. 

I used to love my old position, barely taking any time off. My workdays will be overflowing with busyness and the time would fly by quickly in a blink of an eye.

What happened? Once in a while, I have to go back and be a backup for someone while they're on vacation. Lord, I hate it, just hate it. If I could get out of it I would. 

What is different this time? If I loved it before, why not now? Is it the people? Is it me? Am I in a different place now? 

My stomach in knots, I ready myself for work. How do I prepare for what is coming? I have struggled so much these past two years making adjustments to my lifestyle. It hasn't always worked out, either. Sometimes, it worked out badly. 

Life is so difficult at times, times that we have to endure. Life goes on even when I'm not ready for it to do so. All I can do is ask God to walk with me during this week. Walk with me, Jesus. 

Have a Blessed day everyone.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...