Sunday, December 20, 2015

A Pastoring Family

                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

 
Every Sunday morning it's the same routine. Our bodies awaken naturally without the use of an alarm clock around 7 a.m. in the morning. Believe me, we want to turn over and sleep on, but we don't. We rise, get dressed and go to Church. For some of us, Sunday also means serving. 

Why? Because our hearts yearn for more that only Jesus can fill. We need to be fed, we need to be forgiven and we need to be recharged to begin anew on Monday. Of course, we would love to sleep in and lounge around in our pajamas all day doing nothing. Who wouldn't?

It's times like these that I think of my son and his growing family. Their Sunday begins even earlier (more like 5am) since my son is an Associate Pastor. There is a breakfast gathering, two services, children's church, sunday school and a bible study every single week. By the time the afternoon rolls around, they need a nap. Plus, they both have regular careers during the week. 

For a nonbeliever, it may sound exhausting and intolerable. Yet, our love for Christ takes away any feelings of bitterness, anger and restlessness in regards to our service. All we do for Him is done with such love and awe for who He is to us. 

During the week, I had an opportunity to share my faith with someone at work. I didn't approach this person, they came to me. I have to admit that I was scared, because this person has a history of making fun of people and twisting their words around. I didn't want him to do the same to me. I shared and I have no idea where the words came from, because they flowing as naturally as the rivers. 

He didn't make fun of me. He didn't twist my words. He respectively listened to what I had to say. I don't know why. I retold Emily what had happened at work. She said something very interesting. She said that the reason why he didn't was probably because he could see that I knew what I was talking about and couldn't discredit me. He could see what my faith meant to me by my words and my expression. 

I thought about that person today in Church. I also thought about my faith. No matter how tired or busy I may be, I need Church. I need HIM. I also wondered and prayed for all of you. Where is your heart right now? Is it tired and in need of a renewal? Is it empty and lonely looking for what only Jesus can fill and heal? I have been in both places and I can honestly say I cannot do life without Jesus by my side. I hope you feel the same.

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...