Sunday, December 27, 2015

Things I Love Now


                                          Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.



I can honestly say that I like my life. In fact, if I'm really, really honest every stage I was in, I liked. Each stage appears to be better than the last, even the painful ones taught me something.

I love . . . . 
I love being a parent of adult children. I love the freedom that adult children provide. I have more time for myself and for the things I love to do. I cannot express in total words the feelings when your children take you out to dinner and pay. You know they're grown and independent when suddenly they take the lead. There is a downside, I cannot solve any of their problems any longer. For that reason, I do feel more helpless as I watch them struggle through the fire. 

I love . . . . .
I love the wee hours of the morning, when the world seems to be asleep. I love watching the world come alive slowly with the rising sun. It is so peaceful and serene, almost angelic when the world lies still. Simple pleasures such as these give me so much Joy. The tranquility becomes my muse, as the floodgates of the writer within come pouring out. 

I love . . . . . 
I love  anything old English whether it is the Edwardian novels or Sherlock Holmes Mystery Hour. I love their little cottages and their village lifestyle. Not to mention teatime and crumpets. They have a certain air of manners and old world charm  that is lacking nowadays. It makes no difference to me if it is all make believe or not, one can only dream. Oh, to ride on the Orient Express and have my very own "car."

I love . . . 
I love to crochet. I knew how to crochet ever since I was a small girl and yet, I have never made anything for my children as they were growing up. Nor did I have any interest in it at all. For some reason, I picked it up again eight years ago and fell in love for the first time. Why? When? How? Who knows? To me, it seems more of a God moment than anything else. 

These are just some of the things I really enjoy doing or seeing. What about you? What are the joys in your life? Is it your children? Your husband? Your job? We all have something that we look forward to during the work week. I hope that all of you find that joy. 

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...