Sunday, December 6, 2015

Gloomy Skies


                                                   Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                   Everyday is a journey.

Your word is a lamp to my feet
            and a light to my path.
I have sworn an oath and confirmed it,
            to keep your righteous rules.
Psalm 119:105-106

It's been a few years since coming to second shift. In doing so, I rarely see life in the afternoon or evening around my neighborhood. Even at work, the blinds are always  drawn so seeing outside in the world is truly rare.

This Thanksgiving weekend holiday, I was able to see and hear the daily routines  in our building.  First of all, there is a lot of slamming of the front doors, tantrums of small children and there is always someone doing laundry. Of course, with 8 units and around 8 children, it can become difficult not to make noise.

The outside looks very  gloomy with sunshine only in the mornings if we are lucky. By the time 2 o'clock comes, it begins to get dark. Fall is really here and it looks extremely oppressive. 

Sitting at my desk, my picture window that I have spent so many days writing at being inspired by God's Creation, offers me little comfort. The dark and grey skies are cloudy, looming overhead. 

One can almost understand why many people experience depression during the Fall/Winter Season. There are no pretty flowers blooming nor small children playing outside. The sun is hiding or I should say, sleeping until Spring. Once in a while, a squirrel dashes across a branch, but otherwise, all one can hear is the wind howling. 

Is it any wonder that all I want to do is sit peacefully in my chair and crochet? We just want to nestle under the covers, drawing the curtains from the outside world. Oh, if we could burrow deep inside our homes for the Winter Season like the bears and other animals of the forest until Spring sprouts a shoot. Wouldn't that be just lovely?

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...