Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Favorite Christmas Memories?

                                                   Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

Favorite Christmas memories? Today I planned on reminiscing on some of my favorite family Christmas memories, but the way I feel right now, I can't even think of one.

I woke up much later than I planned. I've been putting in some late nights this week in lieu of the Holiday activities/errands/vacation. Hence, the late start. I dislike a start such as this one since it affects my attitude for the day. I feel rushed and unprepared for the remainder of the waking hours.

Nothing really went right all day long. I couldn't write since my mind kept drifting off thinking of my  family members who once again, were all over social media. The rain poured on and off with the wind howling and lightening roaring. The sky was overcast and the apartment seemed dark. That STOP sign in front of our building brought on many disgruntled drivers. One could hear horns blaring and obscenities filled the air.

I don't think anyone out there was having a better day than I.

Even the weather is annoying the heck out of me. I'm on vacation and waiting for that snow to happen. Let's get it out of the way while I'm  safely inside my little haven. I bet it will snow my first day back!

Here we are the day before Christmas Eve and already we are at each other's throats. We cannot get along. So I'm sorry, but I cannot think of any good stories, more like the sad ones. It is truly sad since we have spent many Christmas's together laughing, sharing and loving one another. Why can't family get along? It's always that same person who wants to upset the apple cart.

It's all good, though. I know that whatever I'm feeling right at this moment will pass before morning comes. I know we will spend Christmas making memories as if today never happened. I know that a Brady Bunch Family does not exist. All families look good in a picture.

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...