Thursday, December 24, 2015

A Cozy Sanctuary

                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

O happy house I and happy servitude!
Where all alike one Master own;
Where daily duty, in Thy strength pursued,
Is never hard or toilsome known;
Where each one serves Thee, meek and lowly,
Whatever Thine appointment be,
Till common tasks seem great and holy,
When they are done as unto Thee.
C. J. P. SPITTA.

Driving to work the other day, images of Tiny Homes, Rv's etc. flashed in my mind. In the midst of it all, a sudden thought occurred to me.

It doesn't matter where you live as long as it becomes a cozy, peaceful sanctuary where one can relax.

I think that explains it all. I may have been researching and dreaming about Tiny Living, but that doesn't mean I will end up doing the same. All I want is to be able to live peacefully, comfortably in an environment where materialism doesn't exist or matter. I want to live simply where I'm not a slave to bills. That could be in a studio apartment, an Rv or a Tiny House.

We never know where we will end up in life. We can make all the plans we want, but when God says go, we go. For that reason, I never want to be so engrossed with one idea in mind. No matter where I end up, all I ask is that God will provide a sanctuary for me to rest in here on Earth.

I  often marvel at the Disciples roaming from place to place without residing in one home. I guess it's true when they say a home is where the heart is.  

Sometimes, we end up somewhere totally different than where we thought we would be. Take my son, Joey. All through his tween years and high school, all he ever talked about was living on the Chicago lakefront. Oh, how he loved downtown Chicago, visiting as often as he could. We have spent many wonderful days out on Navy Pier listening to his oldies concerts. 

He has lived in many places ( Missouri, Indiana, Springfield) and none of them were downtown. We always end up where we least expect to be. He loves living in Springfield, so I guess that God really did know better. 

I always thought I would be living somewhere else, preferably the countryside. I never thought of this apartment as my forever home. What does that mean anyway? My forever home? As Christians we are very well aware of where our forever home truly is, so why are we looking for it here on Earth? Maybe that's why I feel the restlessness of looking for my cozy sanctuary. 

What makes a home cozy? According to Joey, we all have our love language. For some it may have to do with the company of others. My mom, for instance, wants our presence near her. That's her love language. I often wonder what mine may be. I'm not a people person, so I know it's not company. Could it be accomplishment? I have to ask him, because others see us before we see ourselves.

I consider a home  a cozy sanctuary as long as I'm surrounded by all of my favorite things such as my books and my yarn. Give me a comfortable spot to sit in and a pretty view to look out of and I'm content. My home is empty of anger, deceit or contempt. In my sanctuary, God is a frequent guest, often leading the way. What more could I possibly ask for?

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...