Thursday, December 31, 2015

Throwback Thursday

                                          Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

The memory below has brought a smile to my face. I have many of them that were shared with these kids of mine. Somewhere along the way we made traditions. I will tell you a secret: I always hated kool-aid. That awful stuff would spill over onto the carpets and stain them . Never understood why the kids loved that stuff.

In the last couple of years, Emily and I have spent a quiet normal day on New Year's Eve. There are no frills, no bells or whistles and we are content with all of that. I have friends who are partying gala style at a banquet hall and others with a hot tub party in their backyard. It doesn't matter how we celebrate as long as we celebrate with the people we care and love. Happy New Year everyone!
ng In
When the children were small, they always wanted me to wake them up on New Year's Eve at the stroke of midnight to ring in the new year. I would prepare a pitcher of kool-aid and pour it into wine glasses so we could make a toast together. When midnight came, no matter how much I tried to wake them, they'd turn over and go back to sleep. That was my New Year's Eve for a long time.

Nowadays, my New Year's Eve isn't much different except there is no kool-aid, but real wine. We've never really gone out to celebrate in style all dressed to the nines like a lot of my friends. Somehow, I've never felt I've missed out by staying at home.

This year, I know people that will be baptized at the stroke of midnight as well as people celebrating at their church with a chili cookout. Some of my friends are having a huge party at home or you could be like Emily and myself with a quiet night.

Either way, we both would like to wish you a very Happy New Year! See you in 2013! Have a Blessed Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...