Sunday, February 12, 2012

Waiting On God

     As Christians , we all have our paths and levels of spirituality that we're on . We all have something we are struggling with .  Mine has always been " waiting on God " . This , for me , is the most difficult . I do battle everyday with " waiting on God " .
   I start out very well , with the best of intentions , full of perserverance .  I will be patient ....I will be good....I will perservere . By day 3 ,  I'm tired of waiting and frustrated I yell out to God ,"okay show me a sign ." I go into a depression and start all over again by the end of the week . There is a pattern here . I want results fast .....now.....or just show me a sign  that I will get it . Sometimes , I wonder if my plan is God's plan .
  My son is great at this . He is very confident  with waiting on God . No matter what it is that is happening in his life he knows he is on the right path . Many times , even when things looked bleak , I would ask him , are you sure , son ? Yes , God wants this for me .
   Do you know what I think he has that I don't ? He has passion . My son will pray and pray and pray fervently , Lord , I want this because I know you want this for me !! Me ?  Well , I sit here and wait on God to do things for me . I'm waiting Lord . He should know what's in my heart . If I don't get it it's because it's not meant for me .  
   Maybe He wants to see a passion in us ..... a passion for Him ......a passion for life  itself . How badly do you want this ? Will it change your life ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...