Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Flowers For Juwonn

  The day after my infusion , I always go back for my Nuelasta shot  so my white blood count  doesn't drop . Since this was my last infusion I wanted to thank my nurse for taking care of me .
    I love my nurse . In all of my 47 yrs . there was only one experience at a hospital that the nurses were awful  . Otherwise , nurses to me , are God's treasures . They are incredible people . All they have to put up with on a daily basis . They see pain , death and sick people every single day . Everyday . They treat you with patience , have a smile ready and shower you with kindness no matter how badly you feel . Or how badly you treat them .
   I wanted her to know how much I really appreciated all of her kindness to me .It is a very demanding profession that offers little appreciation . I think I made her day . After 6 months of taking care of you , you develop a relationship.....a friendship .
  I remember , when I was in the hospital in 2007 , I had this young nurse spend her break time visiting me . That's love . That's a special kind of person . After my 3rd surgery , another one sat by my bed and held my hand because  I was in so much pain . Nurses are God's treasures .
  I'm very tired today , which is very normal . Life still goes on  and doesn't care that I need some sleep . I have a few errands to run and I hope they go fast so I can get to bed . Hope you all have a great day and I'm sorry it's a short blog today .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...