Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Day Of Gluttony

                  
    Yesterday , I had  quite a busy day of gluttony . After almost 6 months of having no taste buds and nothing but nausea , I had 3 dates to dinner .
    Actually , one of them was lunch at 11am . My girlfriends , were taking me out to lunch to celebrate the end of chemo . Then I'm off to mom's for a family dinner at 4pm.At 630pm , we have fellowship potluck dinner at church . Having a daughter who is quite anti social , it fills my heart with joy that she just loves all church activities especially this one. She does the cooking and everything . Tonight , she is making mostaciolli( I think I misspelled that ). Me? I'm looking forward to the hotdogs .
    My gluttony began last night as Emily and I went out to dinner at  the Olive Garden .I don't know if it was the fact that I haven't enjoyed food in a long time or what but.......it was the best meal I have ever , ever tasted .
    We started out with fried zucchini, fried mozzarella and stuffed mushrooms. I love mushrooms . My soup was pasta fagioli ...had a little kick to it . Salad tossed in italian dressing with breadsticks . I had chicken marsala and Emily had eggplant parmesan. No dessert.
   Emily threatened to leave if I didn't stop having my food orgasm in front of everyone . She was extremely embarrassed.
   By the time evening fell and we were at Connections , a deep fatigue overtook me . Could hardly keep my eyes open . Linda was there and she was very tired herself . I may be done with my chemo but she still was undergoing treatment . I want everyone to pray for my dear friend because her body is getting real worn out . The amount of treatment she has received outweighs mine totally . Plus she watches her small  , 4 month granddaughter . God Bless her .
   Last night , I had a great day but I also learned that my body is not where it should be .More on this subject tomorrow. Enjoy your Sunday everyone .

1 comment:

  1. Like the lady said in When Harry Met Sally, "I'll have what you're having...!" Makes me want to eat (or something...!) LOL

    ReplyDelete

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...