Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Where Are My Pants ?

   My son has been gone from home now for 8 years and in that time he has lived in many places . I have spent many a weekends visiting him . We moms  ,  never visit empty-handed , always bringing home cooked food , money  {and in my case ) rolls of toilet paper , detergent ,trash bags .
   On one such visit , I learned that someone in the family wanted to buy him a pair of pants . You would think what a very nice gesture that was......pants are not cheap . My son was flabbergasted . Buy him a pair of pants ?! Pants don't come in small , medium and large . They have to be tried on ......fitting a certain way .....they need to FEEL good not just LOOK good . Buying a man's pants is an intimate act . An act that needs to be done by the man himself .
   As funny as this may sound , I believe he is right . As  the days are fast approaching to my return to work , I'm in search of some  feeling good , looking good pair of pants . This past Monday , I headed out to the stores to do just that praying the whole time that I can find a pair that actually fits .
  When I got home , I anxiously tried on pants and tops I bought . I have to say I felt pretty good . It's amazing how good we feel when we purchase something new . We feel new , which is an illusion because we still are the same person . Yet , our whole attitude changes . How we see ourselves .      
    Suddenly ,  going back to work isn't as frightening . I'm not as worried as to what people will think of me .. .. . think of my weight gain  .......how I look .  Yeah , I feel pretty good . Now , where's those pants ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...