Sunday, February 26, 2012

Joey Trip Day 3

Joey Trip Day 3

 
  1. I went to bed last nite at like 6 pm when we got home from our day 2 adventure.I slept the entire night until 7 the next morning.Joey said I was passed out snoring away.The neighbors called to see what was the noise .

    Well anyway,the day started with a a bible study.I have never been to an unisex one before.Then came church.I really liked his pastor.He knew every single person in church.He also stood out by the door after the service shaking everyone 's hand .But what I was most impressed with is their children ministry.

    Afterwards,joey was invited to speak at a Baccaleaurate.I don't really know what that was about but it had something to do with the high school graduates from all the local churches.He did a speec h about them going out into the world and keeping their faith.If anyone knows exactly what that is please let me know.Probably Barb knows.

    We had lunch and by then it was time to pack and go catch my train.The ride back was very uneventful and ahead of schedule by 25 minutes.I spent my ride back thinking and missing the little hometown where I just left.

    Everytime I visit Joey I end up really like the small town atmosphere.I tell myself if Avon ever closed or moved I'm selling the house and moving out there like Clinton,Dolton or somewhere similiar.

    So everyone that was my weekend and I hope all of you had a great one too.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a ball! As far as the small town atmosphere goes, I remember thinking that I would love it whenever I visited my son in the small town of Monticello. Then I moved there! The first few days I found myself smiling contentedly and saying, "So this is what its like to live in a small town." After a month I found myself saying (in a voice of panic) "So, THIS is what it's like to live in a small town!" I found I was born and bred to be a city girl and the small town was waaay too small for me to live in for long! Nice to visit, but not to stay. I moved to the closest city I could find, Champaign. Nothing in comparison to Chicago, but a nice compromise! Made me realize the truth of the old adage "Be careful what you wish for!" Great stories, Lottie. Fun to read!

    ReplyDelete

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...