Sunday, February 26, 2012

Joey Trip Day 1

Sunday mornings , we are up early enjoying the warmth and laziness of our beds . The only day of the week reserved for church and sunday school , it's a day we spend as a family . Today , I'm thinking of my eldest , now a married man . There have been numerous weekends spent visiting him in his "bachelor " days . Let me share with you one of those weekends as my mind goes back..........

Joey Trip Day 1

 
Hi all !

My Joey trip started out in an unexpected rush.Henry called me like 5:38am wondering if I was ready to then.My train wasn't leaving until 9:25 am from Union station.I think he was up feeding Brianna then.

So we ended up getting there like 7:30am.Which was fine with me.The train left on time but we ended up stopping so many times that I was late 90 minutes!!!!!! First, it was other trains needing to pass by,then it was the signal not working,then we had engine troubles.......I could on and on.

But I didn't mind.I read a little,did some puzzles and looked out my window at God's Glory!!.We have such a beautiful ,beautiful world and we don't even appreciate it.I looked out the window and there in Pontiac,Illinois was there a huge huge black clouds overhead.It was coming down real hard and yet to me the sky looked so beautiful.The power of God was out there.I felt like I could reach out and touch those dark clouds.How powerful he is!!!!

When I finally got there I was very hungry so we ended up going to this place called AVANTI'S.Had a turkey sandwich and a cup of clam chowder soup.

Afterwards,we went to his church so I could look at their sunday school ministry for the children.They had a separate building with many classes with the pastors offices also being there.Each classroom had their own wall murial for the kids to draw on.

Need to go to walmart and get some supplies because the boy has no sugar! How am I to enjoy a cup of coffee? He wants to play trivia and family games at home in the evening and I want to go for a walk.Maybe we can do both!!!!

Until tomorrow people!

1 comment:

  1. My kids come in on the train all the time and every single time they tell me the same thing about the delays... It's always coming down to visit, but on the return trip, no problem!

    As a coffee addict, I would have to have sugar and cream - "Coffee Boston" is what my daddy always called it! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...